The pamphlet “60 Questions on the Godhead” is written by J. F. Solomon and published by Pentecostal Publishing House. It can be found here on Apostolic Information Service and go here to purchase these pamphlets. Here are those questions:
1. Is the word trinity in the Bible? No!
2. Does the Bible say that there are three Persons in the Godhead? No!
3. Does the Bible say that there are a Father, a Son, and a Holy Ghost? Yes!
4. Does Matthew 28:19 mean that there are three separate and distinct Persons, or three offices, in the Godhead? Three offices.
5. In relation to the Godhead, what does the Bible say about three? We find only one verse in the entire Bible that speaks openly of three: 1 John 5:7. This verse speaks of the Father, the Word (instead of the Son), and the Holy Ghost. And it concludes by saying, “These three are one.”
6. Is the word one used in the Bible in reference to the Godhead? Yes! Read Zechariah 14:9; Malachi 2:10; Matthew 23:9; Mark 12:29, 32; John 8:41; 10:30; Romans 3:29, 30; 1 Corinthians 8:4; Galatians 3:20; Ephesians 4:6; 1 Timothy 2:5; James 2:19.
7. Can the mystery of the Godhead be understood? Yes! Read Romans 1:20; Colossians 2:9.
8. Has the Christian only one Heavenly Father? Yes! See Matthew 23:9.
9. Then why did Jesus say to Philip, “He that hath seen me hath seen the Father”? Because the Scriptures say that Jesus is the express image of God’s person” (Hebrews 1:3). The Greek word for person is literally translated substance.
10. Does the Bible say that there are two Persons in the Godhead? No!
11. Does the Bible say that there is one Person in the Godhead? Yes! Read Job 13:8; Hebrews 1:3; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Colossians 1:19; 2:9.
12. Is the mystery of the Deity hidden from some people? Yes! Luke 10:21, 22.
13. Where was God the Father while Jesus was on earth? 2 Corinthians 5:19; John 14:10. The Father was also in heaven, and omnipresent.
14. What did Agur the prophet say about the mystery of the Godhead? Proverbs 30:4.
15. Did the Prophet Isaiah say that Jesus was the Father? Yes! Isaiah 9:6.
16. When God said, “Let us make man in our image” (Genesis 1:26), was He speaking to another Person in the Godhead? No! Malachi 2:10.
17. How many of God’s qualities were in Christ? Colossians 2:9.
18. How may we see the God who sent Jesus into the world? John 12:44, 45.
19. Does the Bible say that Jesus is the Almighty? Yes! Revelation 1:8.
20. Who do some designate as the first Person in the trinity? God the Father.
21. Who do some designate as the last Person in the trinity? The Holy Ghost. But Jesus said that He was the first and the last. Revelation 1:17, 18.
22. How many Persons did John see sitting on the throne in heaven? One! Revelation 4:2.
23. If Jesus is the first and the last, why did God say that He was the first and the last? Because they are one Person. Isaiah 44:6.
24. Did Jesus tell Satan that God alone should be worshiped? Yes! Matthew 4:10.
25. Does the devil believe in more than one God? No! James 2:19.
26. Does the Bible say that God, who is the Word, was made flesh? Yes! John 1:1, 14.
27. For what purpose was God manifested in the flesh? Hebrews 2:9, 14.
28. Was Jesus God in the form of man? Yes! 1 Timothy 3:16.
29. Could Jesus have been on earth and in heaven at the same time? Yes! John 3:13
30. Does the Bible say that there is but one Lord? Yes! Isaiah 45:18; Ephesians 4:5.
31. Does the Bible say that Christ is the Lord? Yes! Luke 2:11.
32. Does the Bible say that the Lord is God? Yes! 1 Kings 18:39; Zechariah 14:5; Acts 2:39; Revelation 19:1.
33. How could the church belong to Jesus (Matthew 16:18), and yet be the church of God? (I Corinthians 10:32) Because they are one.
34. Will God give His glory to another? No! Isaiah 42:8.
35. Was there a God formed before Jehovah, or will there be one formed after? No! Isaiah 43:10, 11.
36. What is the one thing that God does not know? Another God. Isaiah 44:8.
37. How many Gods should we know? Only one! Hosea 13:4.
38. How many names has the Lord? One! Zechariah 14:9.
39. Is it good that we think upon the name of the Lord? Yes! Malachi 3:16.
40. Does the Bible say that God alone treadeth upon the waves of the sea? Yes! Job 9:8.
41. Why, then, was Jesus able to walk upon the Sea of Galilee? Matthew 14:25. Because He was God the Creator. Colossians 1:16.
42. Is God the only one who can forgive sin? Yes! Isaiah 43:25; Mark 2:7.
43. Why, then, could Jesus forgive sin? Mark 2:10, 11. Because He was God manifested in the flesh.
44. Is Jesus the true God? Yes! 1 John 5:20.
45. If God and the Holy Ghost are two separate Persons, which was the Father of the Christ Child? Matthew 1:20 says that the Holy Ghost was the Father, while Romans 15:6; 2 Corinthians 11:31; and Ephesians 1:3 say that God was the Father. There is no contradiction when one realizes that God the Father and the Holy Ghost are one and the same Spirit. Ephesians 4:4; 2 Corinthians 3:17.
46. When Paul asked the Lord who He was, what was the answer? I am Jesus. Acts 9:5.
47. While Stephen was dying, did he call God Jesus? Yes! Acts 7:59. ‘
48. Did Thomas ever call Jesus God? Yes! John 20:28.
49. How could Jesus be the Savior, when God the Father said in Isaiah 43:11, “Beside me there is no savior”? Because God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself.
50. Does the Bible say that Jesus was God with us? Yes! Matthew 1:23.
51. Did Jesus ever say, “I and my Father are one”? Yes! John 10:30.
52. Can it be scripturally proved that Jesus and the Father are one in the same sense that husband and wife are one? “No! The Godhead was never compared to the relationship of a husband and wife. .
53. Does the Bible say that there is only one wise God? Yes! Jude 25.
54. If the Holy Ghost is a Person, how can the Spirit be poured out? Read Acts 2:4, 17; Titus 3:5, 6. The Bible does not say that the Holy Ghost is a Person.
55. Can the Trinitarian prove that there were three divine Persons present when Jesus was baptized by John? Positively no! Present were three manifestations of one God. Only one Person was present, Jesus Christ the Lord.
56. Then what were the other two of whom the Trinitarian speaks? One was a voice that spoke; the other was the Spirit of God in the bodily form of a dove. Matthew 3:16.
57. What did the voice say at Jesus’ baptism? “Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” Mark 1:11.
58. What is the one thing that God cannot do? Lie! Titus 1:2.
59. Does the Bible say that God shed His blood, and that God laid down His life for us? Yes! Read Acts 20:28; 1 John 3:16. God was able to do this because He had taken upon Himself a human body.
60. The Bible says the God is coming back with all His saints (Zechariah 14:5), and also that Jesus is coming back with all His saints (I Thessalonians 3:13). Are two coming back? No! This proves once more that there is only one Person in the Godhead.